Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Poor Barkley


My little man has already had quite the week and it's only Tuesday.  As most of you who read our blog know, we had to take Barkley to the doggie ER on Sunday because we thought my aunt's dog bit him and broke his leg.  He was so dramatic, acting like he couldn't walk!!  When they were weighing him he wouldn't even stand up, he just kept falling like it hurt too bad.  As soon as the vet walked in, Barkley was fine!!  He was happy and wagging his tail like nothing had happened.  He gives a whole other meaning to SHITzu!!  On Saturday I noticed his eye was bugging him, so I made an appointment with our vet to get it checked out.  Something poked his cornea, so he has a little dimple in his eye.  Poor baby!  So we have to put eye drops in his eye 4 times a day.  Well, that's a whole other story in it's own if you know how mean he can be when he is restrained!!  I can't believe how emotional I get with my dogs.  I'm going to be insane when we have kids.  Anyway, our little 4 lb shitzu is going to be just fine!!!  Love you Mr. Barkles!!!!!!!










3 comments:

Josh and Brittany said...

Im glad you guys have a blog so we can keep in touch more! If John is anything like Josh it's really just mine, his name is just on it ! lol Well we need to plan a date night soon, its been way to long! Talk soon Brittany

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about the whole ER vet thing, we had to take Tilly there in Florida and it was the saddest thing ever (not to mention a RIP OFF) but at the time you will spend any amount to make the dog better! :)

Unknown said...

I am glad Barkley is gonna be okay. I know what you mean about becoming emotional about dogs. Its a crazy thing. I never thought I'd be one of those "crazy dog people". Well, I am! Good to see you at Snoasis! Hopefully this'll become a more regular occurrence.