Saturday, November 1, 2008

Finally!!



For our 3 year anniversary, John and I went on a 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. It was amazing! We had so much fun. We cruised with Royal Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas. If you ever have the chance, this is one of the most amazing ships on the sea! We went to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. I got a little worried before we left because there was a hurricane right where we were supposed to go. The cruise that left before us got rerouted. I would have been okay being rerouted to any where but Jamaica!! But luckily we didn't because the weather was absolutely perfect!! The first day on board, we were super tired because we took the red eye to Miami. So we went and got a few cocktails, went to the welcome aboard party, did the muster drill, and then we went to bed! The 2nd day we laid out and played bingo!! I won almost $200 and a free game of bingo!! I never win playing bingo so I was super excited! Then we had a private lesson on the flowrider!! Holy Shit!! Luckily we were the only people that signed up for a lesson that night! You can have up to 8 people, but we got super lucky and it was just us! Let me just tell you, that thing kicks the crap out of you! I had bruised ribs, bruised knees, whiplash, and it ripped part of my toenail off! It is sooooo fun though! If you ever get the chance, you have to try it! Girls beware though, wear board shorts and a t-shirt. The water goes so fast, it rips your clothes off! Luckily there were only a few people watching! hehe!
The 3rd day we went to Puerto Rico. For our excursion, we had a tour of the city. So damn boring! I seriously ran off the bus when the driver asked if anyone wanted to get off and go shopping! Then we went to Senor Frogs! If you have ever been there, then you know about the Yards!! We got really drunk and hyper! The fourth day we went to St. Thomas. This was by far my favorite place we went. St. Thomas is absolutely beautiful!! The water isn't blue, it's turquoise. They have really good shopping in St. Thomas as well! I found the MAC store!! haha! Hey, at least it's duty free! That's what I told John anyway. We saw iguana's everywhere we went. I am terrified of reptiles, always have been. When we saw the iguana in St. Thomas I was trying to figure out which way I could go to get away from it. We were on this huge flight of stairs and I looked down and there were these two lizards (I'm guessing a boy lizard and a girl lizard) and one was trying to get away from the other. They almost ran across my feet. I took off running down the stairs. The stairs are very old and uneven. I still can't believe I made it down them without falling! When John caught up with me, he said, "I didn't know you could run"! Funny what you can do when your adrenaline kicks in! Our 4th day we went to St. Maarten. Also very beautiful but the people are very mean and it's kind of dirty. I find it funny that they call themselves the friendly island because that they are not! We went to Orient beach, by far the most beautiful beach I have ever been to in my whole life! The only thing about Orient beach is part of it is a nudist beach! We only saw boobies, but I couldn't stop laughing! Oh how it would be to be a free spirit!! Totally just kidding!! On our excursion in St. Maarten, we were served lunch. The mean lady got mad at me when I told her I didn't want any meat. She still tried to take my plate and put meat on it after I told her no thank you!! I finally pulled it away and said, "I'm a vegetarian and I don't want that on my plate!" I got a little upset! The 5th day, we laid out some more and just relaxed. The 6th day we got massages, laid out, played more bingo, and I took 3rd place in a slot tournament and won another $200 dollars! John kept telling me how lucky I am. If I would have taken 1st place, I would have won another free cruise! Now that would have been lucky!! Our ship had so much to do! We went to a ton of amazing shows, had amazing food (and drinks), and just had a lot of fun! We can't wait until our next vacation!! If you have any suggestions on where we should go, please let me know!! I kept telling John this was going to be our last big vacation before we have kids, but now that he's back in school I think the kid thing will have to wait a few more years! It's my trick to get what I want!! haha! We will see though!

7 comments:

Susan said...

I've been watching for your pictures and they were worth the wait! You both look so cute and looks like you had a ball!

Abby and Eric said...

How fun! You looked very cute in all your pics! The drinks look pretty good too! I want to go on a cruise so badly! When Eric and i were in cancun there were so may iguanas and they scared me too. They were laying on the path and I ran as fast as I could. I was afraid they were going to bite me! Hope work is going good and school is fun for John!

Smash* said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! You two are nuts! That iguana story makes me laugh man.. haha.. so funny..

I am so jealous, I wanna go on vacation! Although, I did have fun tending the boys.

Glad you finally got those pics up you wild thing!

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have looked on here before I emailed you today:) It looks like you had so much fun! I love all the pics of the funny/nasty people that you put up. So hilarious. You two are SO cute together. I love it! Hope to see you soon!

Ashly in CO said...

I LOVE the Eastern Caribbean! I'm at work so I couldn't see any of the pictures because of lovely Websense but I'm sure they're amazing. You need to go to Alaska. Untouched beauty--but go in June and don't go Princess, its a bunch of old fogeys and they're ornery! Glad you had fun!

Meg said...

Oh Jess, I love your pictures, i'll have to get mine up so you can see them! So I was on the cruise that got rerouted, although not on the freedom of the seas, unfortunately, but it was with us the whole time! We ended up doing the Western Caribbean, which included gross Jamaica, I did not like that place! But luckily we still got to do the Bahamas before we got rerouted! So how would you feel about helping me post stuff on my blog, I haven't taken the time to figure it out so my blog is blank!!

andreaKphotography said...

How fun!! I am so jealous. Congrats on 3 years! I love all the captions....so funny. You guys are so cute. You take some awesome photos. Hope to see you at the BYU-UTES game :)