Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Milo!

What dogs? These are my children, little people with fur who make my heart open a little wider.

Oprah Winfrey

That is one of my favorite quotes, by one of my favorite people. It sums up exactly how I feel about my dogs. If you know me, you know that is true! So don't judge me for this post! My baby Milo turned 2 on Tuesday. His birthday is 11/11! Isn't that cute?! So we ordered a doggie pizza for him from Ma and Paws Bakery. They did such a good job, it was sooooo cute! Not to mention the boys loved it! Don't worry, we didn't give them all of it at once! If you're thinking that John and I are those weird dog people, you're right. We love our dogs more than anything. They are our babies. Everyone tells me that will change when we have kids, but I just don't think so. Dogs love you no matter what. When you've had a bad day, they are there waiting for you at the door with wagging tails. They don't expect anything from you, they just love you. How could you not love dogs? I did a post about Barkley a few months back, and got some slack from a few people in my family that I play favorites. I really don't. I love both of my dogs equally for different reasons. But this post is about Milo. He is the happiest, most loving dog I have ever met. He is 100% boy. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know you, he loves you. He rarely barks unless he's outside playing with Barkley or the neighbor dogs. I always joke around and say that if we would have gotten Milo first he would have been our last. He gets into everything!! One day I came home from work to find a whole pack of toilet paper outside. Milo had unraveled each roll. He was running all around the backyard with it in his mouth while it unraveled. Barkley was chasing him probably saying, "mom and dad are going to kill us for this so knock it off". But nope, it was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. So Happy Birthday Milo, Buddah, Poodah, Jimmy Choo, or whatever name I feel like calling you for the day! I hope we have many many more years together!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Milo! Dogs are kids too!

Smash* said...

Oh I love your boys! They are so cute!

We are for sure planning a road trip real soon! Lets really do it, it would be a BLAST!!!